by Hannah J. McKay
A Few of My Current Favorites
1. The beach. It sings my heart song. I have missed it so much. Our weather up here is finally clearing a bit and, when the sun comes out, my mind usually turns to the beach. The kids were begging me so we went for the first time last week and it did not disappoint.
2. The latest yoga video from Yoga with Adriene. My, oh, my. It was good! I love work outs that keep me interested and motivated and make the time pass quickly.
3. Oil steaming my face. I’ve done it in the past, but I recently started doing it again and plan to be more consistent. It just takes a bowl of boiling water, a few drops of essential oil, a towel to make a tent over your head, clean skin, and 15 minutes. It leaves my skin feeling detoxed and hydrated and it’s just super relaxing.
4. These sweethearts. They keep me on my toes, but, man, they also keep my heart full. They are both so very different, but then I can tell they are siblings [even if it’s just because of the way they squabble. Ha]. Bubbs is so talkative and inquisitive and enthusiastic. We’ve had some great conversations about Jesus and Heaven lately. Babes is really good at doing her own thing, marching to her own drum. She is looking more and more like a little girl every day and it simultaneously blesses my heart and breaks it.
5. Slow, quiet mornings. With no where to go, nothing pressing to do outside the house. Just waking up, eating a good breakfast, watching the kiddos play as I putter, enjoying any bit of sun that decides to peek out of the clouds. Add in a walk and we are set. If Matt is with us, it’s pretty much perfection.
6. Aquaphor for lips + eyes. Maybe I’m late to this train, but I’m always looking for quick + easy tips that make me look put together without a lot of time or products involved. When I don’t want to wear any eye makeup, I curl my lashes twice and apply a little bit of Aquaphor from underneath, sweeping upwards. It gives my lashes a wet, separated look and helps deepen my natural color. It’s not mascara but it stays put for a good chunk of the day and it makes me look a little more bright eyed.
7. This cleanser. Okay. Really, all their products. But I’ve been using this cleanser for almost two months now and I love it. It doesn’t dry out my skin, and it leaves it feeling lifted and clean. It’s light and fresh and I can’t get enough of it.
And those are a few of my current favorites.
What are you loving lately?